Saturday, February 4, 2012

Kimono Dress and Sun Bonnet


I wanted to make something simple for baby Zen, a kimono dress. It will be very warm in May when she comes so something lightweight was a must. After searching I could not find a pattern that I liked, so I pulled out the pen and paper and drafted this simple little dress and bonnet to make for Zen.
The entire dress takes less than 1/2 a yard of fabric and 3 yards of binding and can be made reversible if you want. I didn't because I wanted it really light weight for the summer, although I did make the bonnet reversible, it was super easy and was made for little scraps.

I plan on posting a free pattern soon for both so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I was wondering if you ever got a chance to post the pattern for this dress? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's so pretty! Is there a tutorial for this?

    ReplyDelete